Thursday, June 30, 2011

Silent Hill 3 Memos

Note about Leonard and Stanley

Leonard Wolf. Room S12.
Presenting mild audiovisual
hallucinations, emotional instability, obsessive ideas. Suspect mild schizophrenia.
Will continue observation.
Basically calm and cooperative
with a strong sense of justice.
However, according to reports,
becomes very violent when overexcited.

Stanley Coleman.
Room S07. Usually passive and cowardly,
also egotistical.
Sometimes shows and acts on obsessive attachment
to a particular woman.
This has caused violent incidents; use caution.

Memo


 The first is larger than the second;
the second twice the third;
the third smaller than the fourth;
the fourth is half the first.
Four of the numbers
are not repeated
Three are not in the top row
Two are not in the right row
One of the numbers is the final key


Corpse Tattoo

 The start time is my key.


Memo about the Corpse

Background: unknown.
Name/age: unknown. Not admitted patient.

Found in poor mental state on hospital
grounds and temporarily installed
in room M4 at chief's discretion.
Died late tonight from blood loss
due to severed carotid artery.
Was grasping own kitchen
knife in right hand;
assume this was cause of neck wound.

Possible suicide;
but wound angle suspicious.
Sent to 2nd floor treatment room
for further investigation.

Have received no proof or
corroboration of event from patient
residing in same room. Have not notified police.
However, for future necessity, leave
victim's bed and effects intact (room M4).


Wish House article

Teaching Despair: "Hope House"

"Hope House", an orphanage on the outskirts of Silent
Hill. But behind its false image is a place where children
are kidnapped and brainwashed.
Hope House is managed by the "Silent Hill Smile Support
Society," a charity organization sometimes called "4S." It's
true that 4S is a well-respected charity that "takes in poor
children without homes and raises them with hope."
But at it's heart, it is a heathen organization that
teaches its own warped dogma in lieu of good religious values.
Mr. Smith (tempt), who lives near "Hope House," had this
to say: "Sometimes at night I can hear their weird prayers and
the sounds of [children] crying. I went there to complain one
time, but they ran me right out. Since then, it hasn't changed
a bit."
In fact, this reporter was refused admission when he
attempted to take photographs in the facility. What exactly do
the folks at "Hope House" have to hide?
During my investigations, I was able to discover,
however, a suspicious-looking round concrete tower which appears
to be part of their facilities.
Unfortunately no one was willing to tell us what the
tower was used for. But it seems unlikely that it has anything
to do with the business of raising orphans. It may in fact be a
prison, or a secret place of worship.
The cult religion that operates "Hope House" is known by
the locals simply as "The Order".
It's a religion that is deeply interwoven with Silent
Hill's history. But its worshipers fervent belief that they
are among the elite "chosen people" has a dark and dangerous
side.
I intend to continue my investigation of "Hope House" and
the cult behind it. I've always believe that "telling the whole
truth" and showing the children the true path, is our most
important duty.

Joseph Schreiber

Stanley's Diary

Stanley's Diary # 1

This day has finally come.
That's right -- the day when you and
I will meet.
I was always thinking of you,
here in this gloomy cell.
I never even knew your name or face until today.
But now I know.
I know you're the one
I've been waiting for.
And haven't you been
waiting for me, too?
That's why you came to rescue me.

Oh, how I love you, Heather.

I want to give you my prized doll
I made to commemorate our meeting,
the start of this everlasting love.
Ah, I can already
see your smiling face.


Stanley Diary # 2

The Organization has me shut up in here.
They mean to break my will, to make me forget about all that.
But I'll stay sane even
if they throw me in here with lunatics.
How about if I stick this to the wall?
That would be worthless.
You can peel it off, can't you,
with that junk those
nasty wenches won't stop using ?
If a thing has no meaning,
there's no reason for it to
exist at all.
Just as you exist for me.
But why haven't you taken my doll with you ?
Ah, my gift must've embarrassed you.
How cute you are, Heather!

Stanley Coleman

Stanley's Diary # 3

You may not yet have realized your own true feelings.
But you sense them
unconsciously.
And so you're trying to
get closer to me.
That's a virtue,
the path to Paradise.
If the door's locked, open it.
Use the password for the prison gates.
Doctor. I've forgotten his
name. Anyway, that quack has it posted.
He should be here, too.
I mean, 4 numbers would've been
good enough, but he kept on going.
Isn't it a shame? I'm not there.
Aren't you irritated? I long for you,
but you're so cruel.
Still, I want you, Heather.

Stanley Coleman



Stanley's Diary # 4

There was a tattooed guy
on that rumpled bed. Not any more,
though.
That alarm clock and filthy bag are his.
Ah, but don't misunderstand.
I haven't done a thing.
I didn't hate him,
though he was a liar.
Shall I write something of my own?
On my chest, since I can't cut it open to show you my heart.
"I Love Heather".

No, something a bit more forceful.
"I Love Heather" isn't enough for what I feel.
Oh, what tender emotion this image
brings.

Stanley Coleman


Stanley's Diary # 5

Flowing freely, your ebony hair.
Like the night sky, scattering
fragrance.
My heart, clamoring in my chest.
Like a storm, you trifle with it.
Your pristine glance.
Like a feast, when you smile.
My thoughts disturbed,
my breath like opium,
it drives me mad.

Eric, a great poet who conveys my feelings so well. I
shouldn't have let this place get to me, should never have gone
crazy. But it's superbly enjoyable to drown in my love for you.

But why won't you accept proof of my love ? Don't stand on
ceremony, now.
After all, you and I exist as one. What I give to you is
the same as what I give to me.

Stanley Coleman

Stanley's diary
Heather, my most sacred lover.
I'm always watching you.
No matter where you are or what you may be doing,
I have never lost sight of you.
I know you feel intensely lonely.
Yet with a single key to this door, those feelings won't stand in the way any longer.
We haven't been able to see each other for so long.
Be patient --- it's just a little longer.
I'll be patient, too, even though I long to hold you in these hands of mine.
The key is behind the shelves in the underground garage.
Why there? Ask that idiot doctor.
Theres not a single person here who's right in the head.
Not just in this hospital --- I mean in all of Silent Hill.
Except me.

Stanley Coleman


Stanley's Diary # 6

I also like the rooftop. It makes me want to fly. You too?

Stanley's Diary # 7

Goodbye, Heather. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your
love.
It's all over. Leonard despises me---
because I made fun of
it, saying it would come to this.
If it weren't for his meddling,
I would have been able to
meet you in just a little while.
Then I could have taken you to
my world.
A world for us alone,
more beautiful than this one.
And I had been waiting for this day,
for today. The day I'd
see you, the day you'd save me.
Today. Heather, watch out for
him. Leonard is no ordinary guy.
Farewell. I loved you.

Heather, my goddess.
Heather, my lover.
Heather, my (ends)


Stanley's puzzle on hard mode 

When playing on Hard difficulty, the door to the second floor patient wing will be locked with a key pad, the solution to which is found in one of Stanley Coleman's diary entries. The disturbing diary reads:
            "Pure eyes, blue like a glassy bead---
            You are always looking at me
            and I am always looking at you.

            Ah, you're too meek---
            beautiful, unspoiled:
            thus I'm so sad, I suffer---
            and so happy, it hurts.

            I want to hurt you
            and destroy myself
            What you would think
            if you knew how I felt.

            Would you simply smile,
            not saying a word?
            Even curses from your mouth
            would be as beautiful as pearls.

            I place my left hand on your
            face as though we were to kiss.
            Then I suddenly shove my thumb
            deep into your eyesocket.
            Abruptly, decisively,
            like drilling a hole.

            And what would it feel like?
            Like jelly?
            Trembling with ecstasy, I obscenely
            mix it around and around: I must
            taste the warmth of your blood.

            How would you scream?
            Would you shriek "It hurts!
            It hurts!" as cinnabar-red tears
            stream from your crushed eye?

            You can't know the maddening
            hunger I've felt in the midst of
            our kisses, so many of them
            I've lost count.

            As though drinking in your cries,
            I bring my hopes to fruition:
            biting your tongue, shredding it,
            biting at your lips as if tasting
            your lipstick.

            Oh, what euphoric heights I would
            reach, having my desires fulfilled
            like a greedy, gluttonous cur.

            I longed, too, for your cherry-tinted
            cheeks, tasty enough to bewitch my
            tongue.
            I would surely be healed,
            and would cry like a child.

            And how is your tender ear?
            It brushes against my cheek;
            I want it to creep up to my lips so
            I can sink my teeth into its flesh.

            Your left ear, always hearing words
            whispered sweet as pie---
            I want it to hear my true feelings.
            I never lied, no...
            but I did have my secrets.

            Ah, but what must you think of me?
            Do you hate me? Are you afraid?
            As though inviting you to the agony
            at the play's end, if you wish, you
            could destroy me---I wouldn't care.

            As you wish, you may destroy me
            ---I wouldn't care."

Cruel Linnet
Stanley is the 'cruel Linnet' in the Hard difficulty Crematorium Puzzle:

    The Song of the Linnet
    He seeks out her soul by his own black ambition
    Frightening her out of her wits
    Whispering love songs into her ear
    What cruel Linnet wants, he gets.

Note to the Doctor

Dr. Midkiff: Please use extra caution with the patient in room 312.
He should still have his religious freedom here in the
hospital, but he shouldn't push his faith on others.
I'm a victim, too. Rumor has it he got here by stabbing someone over
a religious dispute. Please be careful.

K. Crosby

P.S. It looks like the rumor is true,
according to the head nurse.
I do think he's a good person otherwise,
though---easy to deal with.

Leonard's Notebook

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It's God's decision that I fight.
As a knight of honor,
as a protector of the seal,
I sacrifice myself to the blood of criminals.

Sacrifical Book


Lost Memories.
One characteristic, mentioned only in rare documents and dying
out in the modern age, is that of the ritual
sacrifice.
"Offering prayers, pierce a man's chest with a
copper stake. Drench the altar in the blood which spouts red
from the heart, to praise and to show loyalty unto God."
In another sacrificial rite mentioned in the same book, the
victim is burned alive.
This was a more dignified ceremony in
which prisoners and sinners were not allowed to participate. Only the clergy could be sacrificed.
Similar to burning at the
stake, no comparable rite can be found in religions practiced
nearby. It may have some connection with the main deity being a
sun god.
Even though this religion extols redemption, it brings to
mind a dark and cultish history.

TU FUI, EGO ERIS is a line spoken in Silent Hill 3. It is Latin and translates into: "I was you, you will be me". The line is spoken by Heather Mason, having read it in the fairy tale scattered in notes throughout the building, to make the Glutton monster disappear. Prior to the words, the Glutton is impassable and cannot be harmed by Heather.

It may be noted that this is also found transcribed over the Capuchin crypts in Italy, an ossuary that allows visitors to view the skeletons so as to reflect upon their own eventual death.

Fairytale Transcript

Fairy tale, Beginning

Once upon a time, there was a monster living at the gates of a village.
It was a very scary and a very bad monster.
It would catch people and crunch them up with its big teeth.

The villagers were afraid of the monster, and no one would dare approach the gates.
Everyone was stuck inside the village.

When the king heard about this, he summoned his knights.
The knights eagerly rode out to defeat the monster.

"Ha! Take that!"
Their swords slashed and their spears flashed, but the monster wouldn't die.
The monster tossed the knights into his mouth one by one, horses and all.

What was the king to do?
He fretted and fussed and paced the floor, but could think of no solution.

Soon after, the village priestess came to the castle.
She was a very kind and good person.
The king asked her to defeat the monster guarding the gates.

Fairy tale, continued

The priestess accepted the king's request and went to the village gates.
But when she saw the monster, she tried to convince it with words instead of killing it.

"Shut up, you! I'm going to eat you up!"
The monster didn't listen to a word the priestess said.

But she kept trying to convince the monster to give up.
"It's wrong to eat people, you know."

The monster grew very angry at this and attacked her, killing her with a single mighty blow.

Fairy tale, Last Part


The king and his people shed tears at the death of the kind priestess.
God took pity upon them and, granting their wishes, healed the priestess.

The priestess opened her eyes just as she had done every morning of her life.
She went once more to the monster's lair.

"Fool! You wish to die again?"
"No... this time it's your turn."
The priestess had come to defeat the monster once and for all.

As the priestess was very very kind, she felt sad about this task.
But it had to be done.

"Swords and spears won't work. Arrows and bullets will just bounce off. You can't kill me," the monster laughed.
But the priestess used neither sword nor spear. She chanted but a single spell.

"TU FUI, EGO ERIS."
Do you know what happened then?
The monster let out a huge cry and then died and vanished!

Thus the villagers were able to use their gates once more.
Everyone lavished their gratitude upon the priestess, and they all lived happily ever after.

Symbolism

It is possible that the fairy tale was written by Claudia Wolf as a young child, and that the priestess in the fairy tale represents Claudia herself, and that the monster represents Harry Mason, as Heather reads the fairy tale not long before she discovers her father has been murdered. Claudia views Harry as a "monster" for stealing her childhood friend, Alessa Gillespie, away from her. This is evident when Claudia mockingly says Harry's name to Douglas Cartland ("That man, Harry Mason, stole her away and kept her hidden from us.").
The monster, Harry, having been indirectly killed by the priestess, Claudia, to bring happiness to other people.

The act of killing the monster in the fairytale apparently "had to be done". This strongly relates to Claudia's feelings toward Harry, who she believes must be murdered to birth God, in turn, giving everyone (in the fairy tale, the village) happiness. If the fairytale was written by Claudia, then it would also correspond to the priestess being a "very, very kind" person; Claudia does not see herself as evil or self-righteous, but believes she is doing good for the world by trying to resurrect the Order's god and bringing salvation and Paradise to the people.

The priestess also uses words to indirectly kill the monster; likewise, Claudia uses the Missionary to indirectly kill Harry. Heather has no choice but to get rid of the monster, as it blocks her way out of the Hilltop Center, thus she can be seeing reiterating the role of the priestess.

The priestess's resurrection may also be a reference to Valtiel and the fact that it always resurrects Heather if she dies.



Origin

In the beginning, people
had nothing.
Their bodies ached, and their
hearts held nothing but hatred.
They fought endlessly,
but death never came.
They despaired, stuck in
the eternal quagmire.

Birth

A man offered a serpent to the
sun and prayed for salvation.
A woman offered a reed to the
sun and asked for joy.
Feeling pity for the sadness that
had overrun the earth, God was
born from those two people.

Salvation

God made time and divided
it into day and night.
God outlined the road to
salvation and gave people joy.
And God took endless time
away from the people.

Creation

God created beings to lead people
in obedience to Her.
The red god, Xuchilbara;
the yellow god, Lobsel Vith;
many gods and angels. Finally,
God set out to create Paradise,
where people would be happy
just by being there.

Promise

But there God's strength ran out,
and She collapsed.
All the world's people grieved this
unfortunate event, yet God
breathed Her last.
She returned to the dust,
promising to come again.

Faith

So God hasn't been lost.
We must offer our prayers and
not forget our faith.
We wait in hope for the day when
the path to Paradise will be opened.

File

I hope this will never come to any use; maybe it's better if you never know. More than anything else, I fear the possibility of your going away, far from me. But sometimes we have to tell the truth. That's why I'm writing this, before I'm lost in death and oblivion.

What happened back then? That has something to do with who you are.

It all started 24 years ago. Coming back from a vacation, my wife and I found a baby on the side of the highway. Since we were childless, we thanked God for letting us meet this child...this girl. We took her home. Three years later, my wife died, and another four years later - 17 years ago - I came to Silent Hill. I heard the girl's pleas and took her with me, not knowing why she wanted us to go there.

And it was there that the girl went away. Not that she actually went anywhere, nor did she die. "Returned to her former self"...that's what Dahlia Gillespie said. "Original self"...That was the young woman burned by her mother as a sacrifice to God...Alessa Gillespie. Half her soul escaped in those flames and went on to live in a baby...in that girl of mine. Of ours.

Seven years passed before that half-a-girl returned to Silent Hill and made Alessa whole again. Newly strengthened, she vowed to kill God. God, a fetus nestled into this sacrificial girl's womb, was summoned with the usual rites. This was Alessa's wish, no matter what the outcome - even if her own existence were at stake.

But that wish was not granted. My interruption meant she prayed instead for the girl's return. I alone couldn't bring her back. Dahlia did it - I only helped at the birthing ceremony, to bring God out of Alessa. The newly-born God wailed once and was dead. All from that girl's - and probably Alessa's conscious resistance.

That's not the end.

After God had vanished in a glow of light, Alessa reappeared and gave me a baby. She looked a lot like that girl so long ago. And then Alessa was gone, dead. There was nothing I could have done to help. I simply clutched the baby to my chest and ran off. The whole thing felt like a dream, but I had proof that it wasn't. The girl was nowhere to be found, and in my arms...the baby.

Now 17 years have passed. It feels like only yesterday, and again it feels like a million years ago. I confess I had reservations at first about raising that baby. Could I love her? Her existence was thoroughly unexplainable. I thought, "She could be that young woman who snatched away my beloved daughter." That led to sadness, anger...there were times when I put my hands around her tiny little throat. Several times I even considered abandoning her. That's what a terrible person I am.

But I decided to raise her after all. I just couldn't seem to let her go. When she...when you look at me, you laugh, so...

Even now, I can't forget about that girl. But I love you. I have no doubts about that. That's all I ask you to believe.

To my precious daughter...

- Harry Mason 


Douglas' Notebook


Client: Claudia Wolf
Request: Searching for (then infant)
Alessa Gillespie, kidnapped by man
named Harry Mason


No word from police.
Kidnap location unknown.


Old Silent Hill newspaper article:
Alessa Gillespie (7) dead in fire.


Links to current case?
To be investigated. Priority: low.


Using alias "Heather."
Neighbors do not know real name.
What is she hiding? 
  Book Of Otherworld Laws
"This magic square, with strong
protective and dispelling properties,
is called the "Virun VII Crest" or
the 'Seal of Metraton.'
It will bring results regardless of
whether the target is good or evil;
its strength, therefore, places a very
high burden on the caster. As it is
also difficult to control, it is not
usually used.
This is why it bears the name
'Metraton,' after the angel
Metatron (or Metraton), also
known as the 'Agent of God.'

Ticket Machine NewspaperEdit Ticket Machine Newspaper section

"Fatal Accident At Hazel Street
At about 11 PM on the 4th, a man
waiting on the platform at the Hazel
Street station fell onto the tracks
and was decapitated by the arriving
St. Renata College-bound train.
The victim died instantly.
While police have not yet determined
whether the death was an accident or
suicide, witnesses report that the victim
did not look inebriated and seemed to
jump off the platform deliberately.
The victim's identity is still
unknown. He was approximately
40 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall,
and was wearing a black jacket."

Occult Magazine

"The souls of those who died
suddenly by suicide or accident
don't realize they're dead.
Sometimes they stay put and
haunt that particular place.
These spirits have lost their human
senses and memories and can only
keep replaying the pain and sadness
of the moment they died.
The pain can get so bad that they
turn to humans for salvation -- or
they begrudge humans their lives.
At such times they can possess
humans.
Places known as "famous suicide
spots" or "high-accident areas"
are often to blame.
You should be careful when
approaching such locations,
especially on the day or at the
time the death occurred.
That is, if you don't want it
to happen to you, too..."

About the monster in the waterEdit About the monster in the water section

"There's a monster in the water. The
bastard's killed 2 of my buddies.
I should never have doubted that
old urban legend about alligators
in the sewers. That was no myth.
But no one believes me. They were
drunk and slipped? We're not that
damn stupid.
Even calling it a monster isn't quite
right. This is something else. All I
know is...something's in there.
I'm going in now to beat that thing's
head in. If you find this note,
consider it my will.
Revenge is futile -- or so you may
think, reading this. But Jose and
Jaime were my best buddies.
Wish I knew how to do the deed.
Guns won't work underwater.
Even my famous knifework won't
do much. If only I had a hand
grenade..."

No comments:

Post a Comment